maanantai 9. tammikuuta 2012


Saturday, August 15, 2009

So What Am I Thinking About?

I am thinking about all the TV films, documentaries that I made during nearly four decades. I am helping the “Living Archives” to find them. I have familiarised myself with the rules of the archives, i.e. what can be shown and what not. Films are not shown in full, but as cuts. You are also not allowed to use recorded music, for instance.

Luckily such a long time has passed since I made them that I can view them as if I was an “outsider”. I was recently reading something by Paavo Haavikko. He talked about lack of restraint that is inevitably connected with creativity. It is also true in my own case. I was often afraid of my own ideas, but I still tried to realise them. I was lucky to have the opportunity to do most of my films with the same crew. They sometimes understood me better than I did.
Photo: Airi Aalto

Identifiers: Eeli


Ei kommentteja:

Lähetä kommentti