sunnuntai 8. tammikuuta 2012


Friday, March 14, 2008

Vegetable Mincer

Hand tools are one of my weaknesses. Whether they are wooden tools or anything else involving manual work, I cannot resist them. If I paint machines, it is mostly excavators or cranes. There is the human factor in them.

Identifiers: Kitchenware

Tuesday, March 11, 2008

Summer and Flowers

On my walks in the summer I snap flowers at the sides of the ditches, ask Airi to make a nice arrangement of them in a vase, and paint the flowers. This requires plenty of courage these days as painters are not really portraying anything any more. My colour sense is clearly picking up. A true hand-made painting to be hung on the house wall is finished. There is no point in taking these to an exhibition.

Identifiers: Flower

Monday, March 10, 2008

Youth

It seldom happens that one is lucky in grasping the pure essence of youth with a pencil.

Identifiers: Youth

Sunday, March 9, 2008

In My Study in the 1950's

Airi was supporting me in the background then, and still is.

Identifiers: Study

Friday, March 7, 2008

From Child to Adult

It is always a miracle when a child grows into an adult and you have had the chance to follow the blossom right from the start. Santra has been one of the most stunning models I ever had.

Identifiers: Youth

Tuesday, March 4, 2008

The Works of an Artist

The artists of the Renaissance served the church or a prince, i.e. they made pictures of the Goddess or designed fortresses and other useful things. The Japanese Hokusai did everything that an artist could do. Artists often have many skills. The advantage is that you need not repeat one and the same thing all the time. Picasso was "free". He was always troubled by the lack of themes.


Ei kommentteja:

Lähetä kommentti